Mum's bath toy warning after little boy almost blinded in terrifying incident - The Most Popular Lists


Mum's bath toy warning after little boy almost blinded in terrifying incident


Baylor was rushed to hospital (Image: Facebook/Eden Strong)

A mum has issued an urgent warning to parents about bath tub toys after her son was almost blinded in a terrifying incident.

Eden Strong said her little boy Baylor squirted himself in the eye with the little bath toy, and at first she didn't think much of it.

But soon his eye grew to "twice the size" and the redness started spreading down his cheek.

His eye became swollen and red (Image: Facebook/Eden Strong)

"His eye was so swollen that the white part was bulging out from between his eyelid and his iris was being obscured," Eden, from Chicago, said.

"He felt hot to the touch and a temperature check showed that he had a raging fever."

She said she prayed as doctors warned her he may lose vision in his eye.

Thankfully little Baylor's eye healed, but Eden decided to share the story on Facebook as she wants other people to be aware of the dangers.

Eden said she knows water can get trapped in little rubber bath toys, so she squeezes them out after each bath and cleans them out so that mold doesn't grow.

However she said what she didn't realise is that sometimes invisible bacteria can collect.

Baylor was taken for tests at hospital (Image: Facebook/Eden Strong)

When Baylor squirted himself in the eye, she first thought it was just slightly irritated from the water.

But the mum noticed her son's eye had started to redden and so took him to see a doctor who gave him drops.

In the middle of the night though, when she went to check on Baylor she noticed his eye had swollen massively.

They took him to A&E where he was prescribed antibiotics - but the eye continued to worsen.

Eden said as they drove back to hospital she prayed he wouldn't lose his eye.

A CT scan showed that Baylor had cellulitis, a common, potentially serious bacterial skin infection.

"He had severe cellulitis that eventually spread down his face and to both eyes.

"They warned me that he may lose vision in the worse eye, but in the end, thank the Lord his eyes healed."

At first the mum didn't think it was serious - but his eye soon worsened (Image: Facebook/Eden Strong)

Giving a warning to parents, Eden wrote : "But tub toys? THROW THEM OUT. You cannot clean them, you just can’t. I don’t have any moldy tub toy pictures to show here, because there was never any visible mold to take a picture of.

"You can't see bacteria and I've known that since 6th grade science class but I thought I was better than dirty tub toys. I was wrong. So those tub toys? Just throw them out.

Thankfully his eye has since healed (Image: Facebook/Eden Strong)

"*** Please share and prevent another baby from going through what I accidentally put mine through.***"

Found this article interesting? Share it with your friends! 👍🏼
This article first appeared on Mirror UK.

Enjoyed the article? We are a team of volunteers who want to provide relevant and factual information. We appreciate any amount of donation to keep the inspiring stories from our team coming! 🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this article?

We appreciate any amount of donation to keep the inspiring stories coming from our team! 🙏